RAVEN distance education
Regional Audio/Video Education Network
Welcome to RAVEN!
The login for RAVEN Internet courses is here.
You can get more information on our semester course offerings through our online class schedule here.
Online Certificate Offered
We now offer the Horticulture Certificate program as a complete program online. You can get more information about it here.
Welcome to the home on the Web for RAVEN (Regional Audio/Video Education Network), Mayland Community College’s distance education initiative.
- What is Distance Education?
- Are Distance Education classes for you?
- Ed2Go Continuing Education Distance Education
- Current Class Offerings
- Looking for Distance Education Classes Elsewhere?
- Help is available!
Distance Education encompasses many things:
- Distance education is the interaction of learner and instructor that occurs when the two are separated by place and/or time.
education classes are nontraditional
courses designed around the needs of self-directed learners.
- The classes taught using distance methods
maintain a level of academic quality comparable with courses taught via
- RAVEN classes are taught using Interactive Television, Telecourses and the Internet.
- RAVEN courses are recommended for students who can keep themselves on track and meet deadlines without having to have an instructor to remind them when to do or turn in work.
- Because time and/or place separate instructor and learner, guidance from advisors will empower students to assess their readiness and potential for success in nontraditional classes.
Do you wonder if you would be successful taking a distance education course?
Ed2Go online courses are designed to meet your needs and interests by enabling you to take classes in the comfort of your own home! Study at a time that is most convenient for you, without the need to attend a class on campus. ED2GO offers classes such as Web Page Design, Web Graphics, Keyboarding, Speed Spanish, Microsoft Word, and many more!
More information about Ed2Go classes can found here.
The North Carolina Community College System maintains a database listing of distance education class offerings at its 58 campuses through the North Carolina Virtual Learning Community (VLC). You can get information on these courses, plus get connected to information on admission, course credit transfer, etc. here.
Help is available through our Ask a Librarian service. Either email your question(s) to email@example.com or call (828) 765-7351 or 1-800-4-MAYLAND.