Job Openings & Application Steps
find a list of all vacant positions at MCC, plus the steps to follow to apply for specific emplyment opportunities
Applying for Employment at MCC
Mayland Community College is a great place to work! A member of the 59-campus North Carolina Community College System, Mayland hires individuals with a variety of skills, from housekeeping to classroom instruction, administration and staff and professional positions.
This page answers common questions about applying for a position at MCC, plus features links to our current job listings and a copy of our application for employment.
Director of Marketing
Under general supervision of the President, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and measuring of the college’s marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities, both internal and external. Oversees development and implementation of support materials college-wide. Directs the efforts of the Office of College Marketing staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the function of the organization. Performs marketing operations and supports development efforts of the college.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in a marketing or communications area.
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION and SALARY RANGE
The process for the recruitment and selection of the successful candidate will be based on the College’s Affirmative Action Policy adopted by the Board of Trustees. The salary range is $43,428.00 - $54,286.00 annually .
SCREENING DEADLINE: June 7, 2013
Screening of applicants for the position will begin on the deadline date with the position remaining open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants applying after the deadline cannot be guaranteed consideration.
To help make your application file complete, please submit the
(1) Official transcripts from accredited institutions (all post-secondary institutions)
(2) A completed MCC application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the MCC application.
Persons employed with
Mayland Community College must successfully complete a probationary period for
Contact: Michael Ayers Phone: (828)-766-1272 E-Mail: email@example.com
Part-time positions with no fringe benefits. Hours will vary according to need. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Classes held in both community and correctional centers.
Application Deadline: None (ongoing)
For further information and an MCC Application, contact Michael Ayers, Director of Personnel Services, at 828-766-1272.
You can download a copy of the MCC employment application here.
The application is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. It requires the Adobe Reader (version 5 or later is recommended). If you do not have Reader (or an older version of the sofware), you can download the latest version from Adobe here.
Steps to Filling Out The Application
Please review these steps in completing our downloadable application before beginning its download or filling it out.
Filling out the Form by Hand or Typewriter
If you plan on filling out the application by hand, just print it out on two legal sheets of paper, fill it in and return it to the Human Resources address here.
Using Adobe Reader to Fill Out and Print the Form
The application is designed to allow you to fill in its blanks inside the Reader application (Reader 5 and later versions only).
- To fill out the form, just point your cursor into a box and click the mouse button. A blinking cursor will appear. Type your information in for that box, then click in the next box and fill in the information there.
- When you are finished filling in the form, load two sheets of legal-size (8 1/2 by 14 inch) paper into your printer, click the printer icon in Reader (or select File > Print in the menu) and print your application as you would any other document.
- Reader will take the information you have inserted into the form and print it in the appropriate blanks for you to send in.
- We recommend that you print TWO COPIES of the application and retain one for yourself.
- IMPORTANT: You must complete and print the ENTIRE form in Reader at one sitting. You CANNOT begin filling in the form and then save it. Reader will NOT retain the information you have entered, so you would have to start the application process all over if you exit the form before completing it and printing it.
- Again, you CANNOT save the information you have entered into the form, so print a copy of the application for yourself.
- QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS? Please contact our Webmaster by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (828) 765-7351, extension 272.
Submitting an Application for Employment
You are required to file an official Mayland Community College Employment Application to be considered for any position at MCC. This is IN ADDITION to resumes, letters of inquiry, ESC applications or any other method of applying for a position.
When you complete the application, please return it and any supporting materials (resumes, portfolios, etc.) to:
Director, Personnel Services
Mayland Community College
P.O. Box 547
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Our telephone number is (828) 766-1272.