Getting Your Transcript
How to obtain a Mayland Community College Transcript
The official record of work while attending Mayland Community College is the transcript. This document provides a semester-by-semester record of grades and is sent by request to other colleges or universities or to another third party, like an employer, who needs a record of grades for a student. It is important to remember that a student must request that a transcript be sent; it cannot be requested by another college or agency. Here are some common questions we get about transcripts:
Obtaining a transcript from Mayland Community College
There are two types of transcripts available from MCC:
- Unofficial Curriculum Transcripts are printed on plain paper. They are provided to current and recent students free of charge. They cannot be used to apply to other colleges or as transcripts for job applications. They are accessed through LEO.
- Official Curricuum Transcripts are provided to MCC graduates and anyone who has attended the college in the past. They are printed on official transcript paper and are sent to the agency requesting the transcript. Official transcripts cost $5.
Getting an unofficial curriculum transcript
If you need an unofficial curriculum transcript, and you are a current or recent student (took classes within the last year), you can login to LEO (StudentWebAdvisor) and print out an unofficial transcript for free.
Getting an official curriculum transcript
Your MCC Official transcript can be requested in any of the following ways:
- Current MCC students
Current students will be able to request and pay for an official curriculum transcript online through LEO.
- Request online: former students
These requests can only be sent directly to a college or university. Payment forms accepted: American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa.
Online Login for transcript payments is here
- Request in person at the MCC Registrar's Office
The Registrar's Office is located on the main campus of Mayland Community College in Spruce Pine, at 200 Mayland Drive. All students requesting a transcript in person must complete the MCC Transcript Request Form and pay a $5 per transcript fee. Payment forms accepted: cash, check, money order, or all major credit cards.
- Mail a request to the MCC Registrar's Office
All requests must be accompanied with a completed MCC Transcript Request Form (Print the Curriculum Transcript Request Form, an Adobe Acrobat PDF form - get the free Adobe Reader here) and submit a $5 payment for each transcript requested. Payment forms accepted are check or money order ONLY.
Mail the form and your payment to:
MCC Cashier's Office
Mayland Community College
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
- The cost for each printed official curriculum transcript is $5.00
- All debts to MCC must be paid before transcripts will be processed
- Transcript fees paid are non-refundable
- Telephone, fax, or email requests are not accepted
- Requets are usually processed within 3-5 business days
- To request a GED® transcript, call 828-765-7351 ext. 217
Frequently Asked Questions
Mayland Community College's official policy on releasing transcript information via FERPA can be found here.
An explanation of student records, what is contained in them, and how they are maintained by Mayland is available here.