Job Openings & Application Steps
find a list of all vacant positions at MCC, plus the steps to follow to apply for specific emplyment opportunities
Programs of Study:
What Degree or Program can I pursue at MCC?
What Program can I pursue at MCC? MCC currently offers 29 Programs of Study, including 15 degree, 14 diploma and 34 certificate opportunities.
Click here to explore the list!
Applying for Employment at MCC
Mayland Community College is a great place to work! A member of the 59-campus North Carolina Community College System, Mayland hires individuals with a variety of skills, from housekeeping to classroom instruction, administration and staff and professional positions.
This page answers common questions about applying for a position at MCC, plus features links to our current job listings and a copy of our application for employment.
Part-Time Nursing Assistant Instructors Three positions available, click for details
Administrative Assistant click for details
Adult Basic Education Instructor click for details
Temporary Part-Time Success Coach - Jobs Driven Grant click for details
Annual Part-Time Vocational Prison Programs Instructor Internal Posting click for details
Executive Assistant, Office of the President click for detailsSeeking instructors to teach part-time in the Therapeutic Massage Program. Topics can include, but not limited to: A&P, Swedish Massage, Somatic Psychology, Business, Sports Massage and other bodywork modalities. Instructors for all hands-on topics must hold active NC license. Call 828-766-1370 for more information.
Part-Time Adult Education Substitute Teacher
Part-time positions with no fringe benefits. Hours will vary according to need. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Classes held in both community and correctional centers.
Application Deadline: None (ongoing)
For further information and an MCC Application, contact Director of Personnel Services, at 828-766-1272.
You can download a copy of the MCC employment application here.
The application is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. It requires the Adobe Reader (version 5 or later is recommended). If you do not have Reader (or an older version of the sofware), you can download the latest version from Adobe here.
Steps to Filling Out The Application
Please review these steps in completing our downloadable application before beginning its download or filling it out.
Filling out the Form by Hand or Typewriter
If you plan on filling out the application by hand, just print it out on two legal sheets of paper, fill it in and return it to the Human Resources address here.
Using Adobe Reader to Fill Out and Print the Form
The application is designed to allow you to fill in its blanks inside the Reader application (Reader 5 and later versions only).
- To fill out the form, just point your cursor into a box and click the mouse button. A blinking cursor will appear. Type your information in for that box, then click in the next box and fill in the information there.
- When you are finished filling in the form, load two sheets of legal-size (8 1/2 by 14 inch) paper into your printer, click the printer icon in Reader (or select File > Print in the menu) and print your application as you would any other document.
- Reader will take the information you have inserted into the form and print it in the appropriate blanks for you to send in.
- We recommend that you print TWO COPIES of the application and retain one for yourself.
- IMPORTANT: You must complete and print the ENTIRE form in Reader at one sitting. You CANNOT begin filling in the form and then save it. Reader will NOT retain the information you have entered, so you would have to start the application process all over if you exit the form before completing it and printing it.
- Again, you CANNOT save the information you have entered into the form, so print a copy of the application for yourself.
- QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS? Please contact us at(828) 765-7351.
Submitting an Application for Employment
You are required to file an official Mayland Community College Employment Application to be considered for any position at MCC. This is IN ADDITION to resumes, letters of inquiry, ESC applications or any other method of applying for a position.
When you complete the application, please return it and any supporting materials (resumes, portfolios, etc.) to:
Interim Director, Personnel Services
Mayland Community College
P.O. Box 547
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Our telephone number is (828) 766-1272.